Wine Food Photos Header

Wednesday 2 May 2007

My new weapon of mass production

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Ever since I purchased my little Sony DSC-W5 18-months ago I've been wanting to upgrade to a DSLR to further expand on this new hobby.

So without further ado, here is my newest camera - the Canon EOS 400D




Given that photography itself can be a relatively expensive hobby I've decided to limit myself in the add-ons that I could obtain. The primary purpose of these add-ons will be to improve the immediate photography experience - so I ask any brothers or sisters out there to keep me accountable in this regard!

The main additions I wish to include at this stage are:
  • A new lens - I've been investigating the Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens. It seems to be a relatively affordable and useful general purpose lens for my needs.
  • A medium sized tripod
  • A flash with diffuser
Outside of this is relatively unnecessary for my current needs. Please keep reminding me of this in case I start looking for macro lenses and what not :P

No comments: