Wine Food Photos Header

Saturday 12 May 2007

Montana 2005 Sauvignon Blanc

This wine I used in part of my marinate with the Salmon recipe above. I'm not generally a fan of Sauvignon Blanc for it's acidity, but this one was quite a treat.

On the nose I could pick up a strong scent of lemon, but it was also very fruity and full. It has been one of the more pleasing wines on my nose in quite a while.

To taste I expected a crisp clean finish with some acidic tones (kinda like biting into fresh capsicum). I tasted what I expected - since Sauvignon Blanc is renowned for these sorts of flavours. It was very fruity and had that crisp finish I was waiting for. Also very light with the aromas not lingering longer than they needed too - in this regard it had a short, but punchy finish to the taste.

The Marlborough region in New Zealand (the northern end of the South Island) is a world class area for producing Sauvignon Blanc. This Montana wine tasted like it.

No comments: